Citrus Fruiting Months
Both dwarf and standard sized citrus trees can be grown in pots and kept pruned to a size that fits your space. This makes them an excellent addition to your garden and a fantastic gift!
Washington Navel oranges and Cara Cara Blood Navels can provide fruit from July to November, Seedless Valencia’s from late August to December.
Mandarin season in QLD is generally from April to October.
Mandarin varieties are typically classified as early, mid or late season fruiters.
Knowing at what point in the season mandarins will fruit means that you can choose the combination of varieties that you most prefer and that will produce across the majority of the season.
- Imperial – early season
- Clementine – early to mid season
- Emperor – mid season
- Hickson – mid season
- Avana Late Imperial – late season
- Pixie – late season
- Afourer – late season
- Honey Murcott – late season
Grapefruit, Lemons and Limes
Grapefruit, Lemons and limes are available nearly year-round in QLD, with slight variations depending on variety and weather.
Kumquats generally fruit between February and October with some variation on either side for some varieties.
- Nagami - May, June, July, August, September
- Calamansi - May, June, July, August, September, October
- Variegated - March, April, May, June, July, August
- Meiwa - February, March, April, May, June, July, August