Price and availability of preorders is subject to change (see our preorder policy).
Misty Blueberries produce a medium-large berry, are very productive and start fruiting early in the season.
They are a low-chill variety and are very suited to growing in South East Queensland and our coastal areas.
They benefit from planting with other low-chill varieties of blueberries to encourage pollination.
Please contact us if you have any questions about buying this fruit tree.
- Scientific Name
- Vaccinium spp
- Fruiting months
- September, October, November
- Purchase Height
- approx. 1 -2 foot high
- Maximum Height
- 1 - 2 metres (can be kept comfortably to 1 metre with pruning)
- Pot Size
Top Tips for Planting
- Blueberries like to be planted in a soil that is slightly acidic around 4-5
- They do best in a warm protected position and can tolerate some shade and still fruit well
Top Tips for Growing
- Blueberries need consistent watering to provide a good harvest
- They benefit from having mulch (sugarcane or similar) piled around the base of the tree leaving a few inches from the trunk
Can you grow blueberries in a pot?
Absolutely! Blueberries produce wonderfully when planted in a pot
Are blueberries deciduous?
Yes - blueberries are deciduous, so in colder climates they will lose all of their leaves. In warmer climates they may be semi-deciduous or even evergreen.
Did You Know
Did you know that blueberries are loved not just for how delicious they taste but also for their health benefits as they have plenty of antioxidants.
Fruit Trees make Great Gifts!
How about giving a Fruit Tree for someone's birthday or special occasion?
For something extra special, you can choose a tree that will bear fruit around that time.
Check out our Fruiting Calendar to find the perfect variety.
Not sure what to choose? Consider a gift card.