Fruit Tree Cottage stocks grafted Jackfruit trees. The Jackfruit Tree (also known as Jakfruit) is a medium to large tree that, once well-established, produces a high volume of fruit and the largest tree-borne fruit in the world! Each fruit can weigh between 5-20kg!
The fruit is valued both for its delicious flavour but also it's versatility and it is used in both sweet and savoury dishes - and it's a well-known meat substitute for vegans. This variety of tree produces a fruit that is medium crisp and fruiting will start in around 3 years from planting.
Please contact us if you have any questions about buying this fruit tree.
- Scientific Name
- Artocarpus heterophyllus
- Fruiting Months
- January, February, March, April, May (calendar)
- Maximum Height
- 5-15 metres high (for ease of picking keep pruned to 5 metres)
- Pot Size
- Propagation method
Top Tips for Planting
- Requires well drained soil with lots of organic matter.
- Daily watering on soil above existing root area is required especially in the first 12-16 weeks whilst becoming established.
Top Tips for Growing
- Plant in full sun with shelter from strong winds.
- Fertilize regularly.
Is it suitable for growing in pots?
Not suitable for growing in pots.
How much water does it require?
Regular watering is required especially whilst it is becoming established.
When will it start fruiting?
Fruiting will start around 3 years after planting.
Fruit Trees make Great Gifts!
How about giving a Fruit Tree for someone's birthday or special occasion?
For something extra special, you can choose a tree that will bear fruit around that time.
Check out our Fruiting Calendar to find the perfect variety.
Not sure what to choose? Consider a gift card.