The Nagasakiwase Loquat has long, dark green leaves and makes a very attractive addition to the garden.
It’s an early fruiter and the fruit are medium-large and particularly sweet. They can be eaten fresh from the tree or used in preserves and puddings.
Please contact us if you have any questions about buying this fruit tree.
- Scientific Name
- Eriobotrya Japonica
- Fruiting Months
- August, September, October (calendar)
- Purchase Height
- 2.5 - 4 feet
- Maximum Height
- 2-5 metres (can be pruned comfortably to remain at 2-3 metres)
- Pot Size
- 5 litres
Top Tips for Planting
- Plant in the full sun.
- Requires well drained soil with lots of organic matter.
Top Tips for Growing
- Can be susceptible to fruit fly so in fruiting season use fruit fly traps or similar.
- Will benefit from being mulched around the base (leaving 6-8 inches space from the trunk).
Is it suitable for growing in pots?
Loquats will grow and fruit well if planted out into very large pots.
How much water does it require?
Regular moderate watering.
When will it start fruiting?
These are grafted trees and will produce fruit in about 12-24 months.
Did You Know
Did you know that Loquat trees are found widely throughout Asia and are an evergreen tree?
Fruit Trees make Great Gifts!
How about giving a Fruit Tree for someone's birthday or special occasion?
For something extra special, you can choose a tree that will bear fruit around that time.
Check out our Fruiting Calendar to find the perfect variety.
Not sure what to choose? Consider a gift card.