A timeless classic! Black mulberries are a childhood favourite with a sweet juicy berry in a glossy dimpled black and deep purple. They are a deciduous tree losing all their leaves in winter and regrowing in Spring. Hardy, robust and long-lived.
Please contact us if you have any questions about buying this fruit tree.
Please review our preorder policy or contact us to discuss your order/request.
- Fruiting Months
- September, October (calendar)
- Purchase Height
- 3.0 - 6.0 feet (from base of pot to tip of plant)
- Maximum Height
- 8 metres – can be pruned to remain smaller
- Pot Size
- 5 litres
Top Tips for Planting
- Plant in full sun
- Prefers well-drained soil with plenty of organic matter
Top Tips for Growing
- Regular watering whilst the plant is getting established and then watering when required depending on rainfall
- Benefits from plenty of fertiliser
Is it suitable for growing in pots?
How much water does it require?
Regular watering for the first 2+ years and then watering when required depending on rainfall.
When will it start fruiting?
12-24 months after planting.
Did You Know
Black mulberries are thought to be native to Persia and Mesopatamia and are now widespread across the world. They are bisexual and only require one plant to produce fruit.
Fruit Trees make Great Gifts!
How about giving a Fruit Tree for someone's birthday or special occasion?
For something extra special, you can choose a tree that will bear fruit around that time.
Check out our Fruiting Calendar to find the perfect variety.