The red cherry guava - known commonly as the strawberry cherry guava - is a delicious fruiting plant producing masses of medium sized red fruit.
It has dark glossy leaves and makes an attractive addition to the garden. The fruit are sweet with strawberry flavours and can be eaten fresh from the tree or used in cooking or preserving.
Please contact us if you have any questions about buying this fruit tree.
- Scientific Name
- psidium cattleianum var. cattleianum
- Fruiting Months
- March, April, May (calendar)
- Pot Size
- Purchase Height
- approx. 1 foot
- Maximum Height
- 2-4 metres (comfortably kept pruned to 2 metres)
- Self Pollinating
Top Tips for Planting
- Prefers full sun but will still grow in produce in areas with some shade
- Requires well-drained soil
Top Tips for Growing
- Regular watering whilst becoming established and then moderate watering thereafter
- Benefits from a regular application of fertiliser
Can I grow Cherry Guavas in a pot?
Absolutely! Cherry Guavas will grow and fruit very successfully when grown in a pot.
Fruit Trees make Great Gifts!
How about giving a Fruit Tree for someone's birthday or special occasion?
For something extra special, you can choose a tree that will bear fruit around that time.
Check out our Fruiting Calendar to find the perfect variety.
Not sure what to choose? Consider a gift card.