The Star Ruby Grapefruit is a variety of red grapefruit, and it is sweeter than the classic white variety. The flesh is a stunning bright red, and the fruit is virtually seedless. An amazing fruit that's great for both eating fresh and also for juicing.
Please contact us if you have any questions about buying this fruit tree.
- Scientific Name
- Citrus Paradisi 'Star Ruby'
- Purchase Height
- 0.5 - 1 metre
- Maximum Height
- 2 - 5 metres
- Pot Size
- 4 Litres
- Propagation Method
- Grafted (find out more)
Top Tips for Planting
- Plant in full sun ideally in a sheltered position
- Prefers well-drained soil with plenty of organic matter
Top Tips for Growing
- Regular watering whilst the plant is getting established and then moderate watering ongoing and as needed
- Benefits from a good citrus fertiliser applied as directed and mulch around the base of the plant leaving a gap of a few centimetres away from the trunk
Is it suitable for growing in pots?
Yes, it will grow well in large pots.
How much water does it require?
Regular watering for the first 12 months whilst it is becoming established and moderate watering ongoing and as needed.
When will it start fruiting?
18 - 36 months after planting.
Fruit Trees make Great Gifts!
How about giving a Fruit Tree for someone's birthday or special occasion?
For something extra special, you can choose a tree that will bear fruit around that time.
Check out our Fruiting Calendar to find the perfect variety.