Often known as the Giant Fruit lychee the delicious Erdon Lee fruit can top 100grams in weight! A very attractive tree with a showstopping crop.
Read more at our Lychees - Overview page.
Please contact us if you have any questions about buying this fruit tree.
Please review our preorder policy or contact us to discuss your order/request.
- Fruiting Months
- January, February (calendar)
- Purchase Height
- 1-2 foot from top of soil to tip of plant.
- Maximum Height
- 2-5 metres
- Pot Size
- 4 litres
Top Tips for Planting
- Plant in full sun
- Requires well drained soil with plenty of organic matter
Top Tips for Growing
- Do not apply a fertiliser until completion of the trees first fruiting; fertilizer should then be a gentle slow release option to protect the roots.
- Regular watering required. Using mulch around the base will help to keep the soil moist but leave a gap of 4-6 inches from the trunk.
Is it suitable for growing in pots?
Absolutely! It will grow wonderfully in a very large pot that has good drainage and it will produce great crops.
How much water does it require?
Lychees require regular watering.
When will it start fruiting?
Fruit will start to be produced 18months - 2 years after planting.
Did You Know
Lychees are originally from China and surrounding regions and have been popular for thousands of years! Lychees can self-pollinate; that’s right – you only need one tree to get fruit. On their long, branched, flowering stems (called panicles) they produce both male and female flowers.
Fruit Trees make Great Gifts!
How about giving a Fruit Tree for someone's birthday or special occasion?
For something extra special, you can choose a tree that will bear fruit around that time.
Check out our Fruiting Calendar to find the perfect variety.